Introduction to Training Materials
NewLife Behavior Ministries has identified its mission as the development and production of curriculum that "reconciles persons to God, family and society." This includes the recruitment and training of individuals who will use this curriculum as instructors. Once a person has been trained, we issue a "Certification" diploma for each instructor and maintain a master list in our central office in Corpus Christi, Texas. In this way, we can confirm who has been "officially" trained. We can also reproduce "lost" certificates. These records began after the central office moved to Corpus Christi from Lancaster in 2002. It was at this time that Buck Griffith began serving as President of NLBM. If you were teaching NLB prior to 2002, please contact us immediately.
The question arises: "How does one become trained?"
Several avenues are used to achieve this goal. Plus, we continually add helpful hints to maximize training of instructors for those coming to this portion of our website.
- Special training classes are offered annually at the National Jail/Prison Ministry Workshop each June as it moves across the United States. Many instructors attend this training year after year.
- Our 31 Regional Directors in 15 states can train instructors in their own areas and relate necessary details to our central office where the certification records are kept.
- "Regional" workshops and training seminars are offered periodically throughout the nation. Local workshops can be scheduled for this purpose, inviting others interested to attend and become certified.
- Dr. H. M. Motsinger offers an extensive 12-hour weekend seminar for this single purpose. Dr. Motsinger founded NLB in 1984 in Dallas, Texas and today serves as President, NewLife Behavior - International.
- Training can be done through correspondence with the use of printed materials and DVDs. It concludes with a written examination.
- The free NLB newsletter almost always contains very helpful training information for its 3000 recipients. You may request to be added to our mail list.
- Specific questions about the NLB curriculum and teaching it may be submitted by email and will receive a timely response: email@example.com.
- Training never ends. However, increased training results in growing confidence.
|4||What Is a Curriculum-Based Ministry?|
|5||Understanding the Curriculum|
|6||Using the Curriculum|
|8||Blessings to Those Involved|
|9||Networking Is Essential|
|10||NLB & WBS Agreement|